Everyone in the country is preferring digital marketing over everything else. Even the startups are launching their business via digital marketing. This platform eases the process of every business. It offers a wide range of economical, powerful and contemporary mechanisms and mediums of marketing.
Everyone wants to market their products and services through the internet to increase the reach. Compared to traditional marketing these are some key benefits which make this marketing strategy more effective and affordable.
There is no second though in the fact that Digital marketing will be the future of marketing.
It is not only the future; it’s a need of today. The opportunities for a Digital Marketing professional are huge in India right now.
For any business in India to continue existing in this competitive marketing state, it needs a good internet marketing policy. Digital marketing will continue to help business thrive in the harshest period of business shortcoming.
Few supporting reasons:
- GOVERMNENT– The Government of India has launched theDigital India program with the vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. Now, the opportunities are not only available in metro cities but also in small towns.
- GLOBAL REACH– Through digital platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, one can reach to the audience of any corner of the world. The reach of these social media platforms is so huge that you can connect with almost everyone now.
- AFFORDABILITY– Comparing it with other marketing platforms, digital marketing is one of the most affordable media to promote the product. Creating an ad on Facebook hardly costs around ₹40 per day, which is nothing. Average cost per click is ₹52 to ₹2.3. Spending lakhs of rupees on a single ad and spending just ₹40 per day can give good results.
- CONNECTIVITY– Many industries and new start-ups, all are heavily investing in the digital marketing activities. They are looking for people who can devise and implement digital marketing strategies that suit their needs.
- INTERNET BOOM– People using the internet in 2015 were 259 million which go up to 331 million in 2017. It has been predicted that the number internet users are to get doubled by 2022. This is because, the rate in which the country is growing in terms of everything, people will be heavily dependent on the internet in the coming years.
- REVENUE– It has also been predicted that the revenue generating from digital classifieds is going to be five times more than it was in 2015. In the financial year 2020, the highest revenue will be around ₹23 billion.
Digital Marketing will remain as the most powerful way of Marketing in the future. But as the dynamics of digital marketing is changing every day, a digital marketer has to be agile, alert, smart and adapt to latest changes. Not only that, digital marketer of today and tomorrow will have to anticipate changes and implement it way earlier than the change actually happens so take advantage of it.
(The author is the Founder & CEO at Kwebmaker Digital Agency – a full service digital agency offering coherent and bespoke solutions for brands and businesses using Web, eCommerce, Mobile and Digital Marketing since 1998)